Metrolinx is building the Eglinton Crosstown, Toronto’s new 19-kilometre light rail transit (LRT) line that will run along Eglinton Avenue with a central 10 km underground section. The Crosstown will connect Mount Dennis in the west to Kennedy Road in the east, and the new service will be up to 60% faster than the bus service today. With 25 stations and stops and connections to 3 TTC subway stations, 54 local bus routes, 3 GO Transit lines and the UP Express, the Crosstown will improve travel times and change the way we move through the heart of the city.
Upcoming Concrete Pour at Chaplin Station Saturday July 18, 2020
What Work is Taking Place?
* On Saturday July 18, 2020, a large concrete pour will take place at the Chaplin Station Main Entrance site. 900+ cubic metres of concrete will be poured into the station box underground to form an invert slab. The invert slab will flatten the bottom of the tunnel so that track can eventually be laid. Two concrete pumps will be placed within work zones and several concrete trucks will deliver concrete to the site every hour. The pour will take approximately 14 hours to complete.
Hours of Work
* Saturday July 18, 2020 beginning at 5:00 a.m. for approximately 14 hours
* Work may be longer or shorter than expected, and may be rescheduled due to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances
Work Area Map
What to Expect
* Noise from concrete trucks and pumps
* 10+ concrete trucks per hour
* Concrete truck staging within work zones
* To allow for continuous turning of the mixer and discharging of concrete, concrete trucks must remain running
Traffic & Pedestrian Details
* Traffic control personnel will be present to assist with truck entry and egress
* There is no change to the current traffic configuration and pedestrian routes associated with this work
* Chaplin Cres and the Chaplin-Russell Hill laneway will remain closed until July 31, 2020
Travelling Smart during Construction
Travel delays are expected with the Crosstown construction. Please allow extra time for your journey. Traffic will be extra heavy at peak periods during the Crosstown construction. When possible, please travel during the off-peak period between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.