What Work is Taking Place?
Crews at Avenue Station continue with permanent works in the excavated caverns. Over the next six (6) months, crews will be reducing lanes periodically to help facilitate concrete pours. The concrete will form parts of the permanent station structure underground. To complete this work, an additional lane will be occupied west of the Main Entrance at Eglinton Avenue West and Avenue Road, once (1) or twice (2) a week. Trucks will stage in Eglinton Park. These pours will typically last for approximately 12 hours. The lane will be re-open after each pour is complete.
Hours of Work
- Pours will take place on Monday, February 10, 2020 and Thursday, February 13, 2020, beginning as early as 7 p.m. overnight.
- Each pour will last for approximately 12 hours.
- Pours will take place approximately once (1) or twice (2) a week for the next six (6) months.
- The contractor may not always work during the permitted hours, but may do so at its discretion.
- Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
- This work may be longer or shorter than expected.