Hours of Work
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- From 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
What to Expect
- Construction zones and laydown areas will be set up on Berwick Avenue between Duplex Avenue and Yonge Street
- Noise from large construction equipment, heavy truck traffic entering and exiting the work zone, equipment and material storage within work zones, as well as lighting can also be expected
- All property access is expected to be maintained, with the exception of four commercial parking spaces to the east of 34 Berwick Ave. In the event that property access will be affected, property owners will be contacted directly.
- Expect delays when travelling in the vicinity of Berwick Avenue during the closure
- Berwick Avenue will be closed mid-block between Duplex Avenue and Yonge Street, per the schedule listed above
- On-street parking will be temporarily prohibited
- Access to Canada Square parking lot will be maintained from Duplex Avenue only; access to 2180 Yonge Street loading dock and TTC Bus Bay from Berwick Avenue will be maintained from Yonge St only
- Pedestrian access will be maintained along the north side of Berwick Avenue from Duplex Avenue to Yonge Street. At times, pedestrians may be asked to halt or divert around the crane movements.
- The south sidewalk of Berwick Avenue from Yonge Street to the west end of the work zone will be temporarily closed
- Access to TTC will be maintained at all times
- No service interruptions to TTC Line 1 are expected, while this work takes place
- Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information
Travelling Smart during Construction
Travel delays are expected with the Crosstown construction. Please allow extra time for your journey. Traffic will be extra heavy at peak periods during the Crosstown construction. When possible, please travel during the off-peak period between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Sign up for e-mail updates at www.thecrosstown.ca/sign-up or download the Crosstown traffic app to get real-time traffic and transit information for the Eglinton corridor.
Disponible en français.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work to build this important project.
Please support your local businesses during construction.