What Work is Taking Place?
Construction of a new Facility Service Building for TTC’s Line 1 Subway is underway at Berwick Avenue and Yonge Street. Some of the work can only be safely performed while the subway is not operational. Crews will work Friday November 29 through Monday December 2, 2019, to install plates on the track level, plumbing, hydro duct bank installation, strut installation and investigative work.
This work will take place on a 24-hour basis. Berwick Avenue will not be closed during this work. However, the Hillsdale Avenue Bridge north sidewalk and lane, located between Duplex Ave and Yonge St, will be closed for material storage. This work will coincide with a closure of TTC’s Line 1 Subway between Bloor-Yonge and Lawrence Stations on November 30 and December 1, 2019. Please note that this work is subject to cancellation. For more information, please visit www.ttc.ca.
• Friday November 29, 2019 at 7:00 a.m. through Monday December 2, 2019 at 7:00 a.m.
• Construction activities will take place on a 24-hour basis
Subway Closure Details
There will be no subway service at TTC Eglinton Station on each of the weekends listed below. Access to TTC Eglinton Station Bus Terminal will be maintained, allowing TTC users to access shuttle buses for the duration of the closure. Please visit TTC’s website www.ttc.ca, under “Scheduled Subway Closures” for more information on subway closures and shuttle bus operation.
Subway closure details are subject to change. Riders should consult www.ttc.ca for service information.
As of November 19, 2019, Line 1 will be closed:
• Between Bloor-Yonge Station and Lawrence Station Saturday November 30 and Sunday December 1, 2019
What to Expect
• Existing construction zones and laydown areas on Berwick Ave will remain in place
• Hillsdale Ave Bridge north sidewalk between Duplex Ave and Yonge St will be closed for material storage
• Noise from large construction equipment, heavy truck traffic entering and exiting the work zone, equipment and material storage within work zones, as well as lighting can also be expected.
• Work will occur on a 24-hour schedule during the TTC subway weekend closures listed above.
• All property access is expected to be maintained
Traffic and Pedestrian Impacts
• The north lane and sidewalk on Hillsdale Ave Bridge, located between Duplex Ave and Yonge St will be closed; a flagger will be present alternating traffic in each direction
Travelling Smart during Construction
Travel delays are expected with the Crosstown construction. Please allow extra time for your journey. Traffic will be extra heavy at peak periods during the Crosstown construction. When possible, please travel during the off-peak period between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.