What Work is Taking Place?
In 2019, crews have conducted a series of closures of Berwick Avenue between Duplex Avenue and Yonge Street to perform supporting construction activities for TTC’s Line 1 Subway Facility Services Building.
The next closure is scheduled for Friday November 15, 2019. During the closure, a large crane will be erected in the roadway and will be used to lift equipment into the work zone.
There is no scheduled subway closure associated with this work. Access to TTC Eglinton Station will be maintained during this work.
Please note that this work is subject to cancellation. If cancelled, the road closure will not be required, and affected properties will be notified.
Road Closure Details
Berwick Ave will be closed between Duplex Ave and Yonge St on Friday November 15, 2019 from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Schedule is subject to change and/or cancellation.
There is no scheduled subway closure associated with this work. Access to TTC Eglinton Station will be maintained during this work. Please visit TTC’s website www.ttc.ca, under “Scheduled Subway Closures” for more information on subway closures and shuttle bus operation.
What to Expect
• Construction zones and laydown areas will be set up on Berwick Ave between Duplex Ave and Yonge St
• Noise from large construction equipment, heavy truck traffic entering and exiting the work zone, equipment and material storage within work zones, as well as lighting can also be expected.
• All property access is expected to be maintained, with the exception of four commercial parking spaces to the east of 34 Berwick Ave. In the event that property access will be affected, property owners will be contacted directly.
• Expect delays when travelling in the vicinity of Berwick Ave during each closure.
Traffic and Pedestrian Impacts
• Berwick Ave will be closed mid-block between Duplex Ave and Yonge St, per the schedule listed above.
• On-street parking will be temporarily prohibited.
• Access to Canada Square parking lot will be maintained from Duplex Ave only; access to 2180 Yonge St loading dock and TTC Bus Bay from Berwick Avenue will be maintained from Yonge St only.
• Pedestrian access will be maintained along the north side of Berwick Ave from Duplex Ave to Yonge St. At times, pedestrians may be asked to halt or divert around the crane movements.
• The south sidewalk of Berwick Ave from Yonge St to the west end of the work zone will be temporarily closed.
Travelling Smart during Construction
Travel delays are expected with the Crosstown construction. Please allow extra time for your journey. Traffic will be extra heavy at peak periods during the Crosstown construction. When possible, please travel during the off-peak period between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Disponible en francais