FROM COUNCILLOR JOSH MATLOW'S COMMUNITY NEWSLETTER
Davisville Hub Takes Important Step Forward
I'm pleased to report that the Midtown Community Hub was officially added to the City's Parks & Recreation Facilities Master Plan. This addition prioritizes the project for funding during the budget process.
Construction of the Hub is expected to begin after the Davisville PS rebuild, currently under construction, is completed. The facility will provide new and much-needed recreation opportunities for our community including:
- A new double gymnasium within the school that will have community access some evenings and on Saturdays for City-run recreation programs
- Aquatic facility, In a separate City building on the Davisville PS site, which will include one 25 metre, 6 lane pool and a warm water teaching pool with the appropriate ancillary spaces (i.e. change rooms, administrative and mechanical spaces)
- Multi-purpose rooms, including a community space of approximately 5,000 square feet
- Roof top park/garden that will include a green roof, elevator access, patio and walking path
- 60 underground parking spaces to be shared by both facilities.
- The aquatic facilities, community spaces, and rooftop park will be City-owned and programming will be for the community. The gymnasium and parking will be shared with the TDSB and will be open to the public during some non-school hours.