YONGE EGLINTON DEVELOPMENT/ CANADA SQUARE CALL FOR ACTION
The proposal for the re-development of this publicly owned land include five residential and office towers ranging from 45 to 70 storeys. This will add 2701 condo units, 864 parking spots and 2900 bicycle spaces. The developers Oxford Properties and Canadian Tire REIT have a long term lease with the City and TTC to develop this property. Previous height limits for the site approved by City Council allowed for a maximum of 40 storeys.
Resident Concerns Include:
• Development is massive and will overwhelm the area.
• There is a significant infrastructure deficit, e.g. schools, sewers, water, etc.
• There is a striking lack of parks and open public space.
• Traffic congestion and infiltration will worsen.
• There will be an adverse environmental impact as a result of the demolition and construction on this site.
Please email your concerns about this proposed project to Councillor Josh Matlow at email@example.com or call him at (416) 392-7906. Please copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTC Buslands/Canada Square Development Proposal