From Saturday March 6 – Monday March 8, 2021, Berwick Avenue will be closed at Yonge Street to facilitate pre-cast concrete panel installations and associated architectural works for the new TTC Line 1 Facility Service Building. This work will coincide with a closure of TTC’s Line 1 Subway between Finch and St. Clair Stations on March 6 and 7 2021. The Hillsdale Avenue Bridge north sidewalk and lane, located between Duplex Avenue and Yonge Street, will remain open while this work takes place.
Work will take place on a 24-hour basis. TTC buses entering the Eglinton Station Bus Bay will enter from Yonge Street. A Paid Duty Officer will be on site to assist TTC bus traffic. All property access is expected to be maintained, except for four commercial parking spaces to the east of 34 Berwick Ave.
Please note that this work is subject to cancellation. TTC closures may go ahead even in the event of the road closure cancellation. For more information, please visit www.ttc.ca
What to Expect
Noise from construction activity, including trucks and a crane can be expected. All work zones on Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue will remain in place
Hours of Work
· Saturday March 6 – Monday March 8, 2021 Berwick Avenue will be closed at Yonge Street from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. each day.
· Work will take place on 24-hour basis.
Traffic and Pedestrian Details
- Berwick Ave will be closed at Yonge St
- On-street parking will be temporarily prohibited
- Access to Canada Square parking lot will be maintained from Duplex Ave only; access to 2180 Yonge St loading dock and TTC Bus Bay from Berwick Avenue will be maintained from Yonge St only.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained along the north side of Berwick Ave from Duplex Ave to Yonge St. At times, pedestrians may be asked to stop or divert around the crane movements.
- The south sidewalk of Berwick Ave from Yonge St to the west end of the work zone will be temporarily closed.
· TTC Line 1 subway will be closed on Saturday March 6 and Sunday March 7, 2021 between Finch and St. Clair stations. Please visit TTC’s website www.ttc.ca, under “Service Advisories” for more information on subway closures and shuttle bus operation.