What Work is Taking Place?
Starting Tuesday March 10, 2020, crews at Eglinton LRT Station will begin removing the tunnel boring machines (TBMs) from the excavation on the northeast corner of Duplex Avenue and Eglinton Avenue West. The TBMs will be removed in six heavy loads, followed by approximately 25 smaller loads. The six heavy loads will be removed using a crane that will place each load onto a truck to be taken to an off-site facility.
To perform this activity safely, Eglinton Avenue will be closed between Duplex Avenue and Yonge Street during each of six heavy loads. The east crosswalk at Duplex Avenue and Eglinton Avenue will also be closed. To minimize the impact to traffic, the six heavy loads will be performed overnight between 3:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m., with the first load taking place on Tuesday March 10, 2020, followed by one load each week after that. The smaller 25 loads are expected to take place during regular construction hours, and do not require a road closure. Additionally, to accommodate this activity, northbound lanes on Duplex Ave will be reduced until the TBMs have been removed.
Work Area Map
Hours of Work
• One load is expected to be removed each week for approximately six (6) weeks, beginning Tuesday March 10, 2020
• Each of the six heavy loads will be removed overnight between 3:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m.
• Dates of the remaining five heavy loads will be communicated once scheduled
What to Expect
• Overnight noise from construction activity as well as site lighting can be expected
• Temporary traffic changes will be in effect to accommodate the activity
Pedestrian and Traffic Changes
• Duplex Ave will be reduced to one northbound lane until the TBMs have been removed
• Eglinton Ave will be closed between Duplex Ave and Yonge St between 3:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. while the heavy loads are removed
• The east crosswalk at Duplex Ave and Eglinton Ave will remain closed
• The 334 Eglinton East bus will enter Eglinton Station via Yonge St and Berwick Ave
• The 354 Lawrence East bus will depart Eglinton Station via Duplex Ave, Orchard View Blvd and Yonge St
• Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information.
Travelling Smart during Construction
Travel delays are expected with the Crosstown construction. Please allow extra time for your journey. Traffic will be extra heavy at peak periods during the Crosstown construction. When possible, please travel during the off-peak period between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Disponible en français